Elle steps up digital strategy with the launch of mobile site
Elle has launched its first-ever mobile site in response to the increasing number of magazine readers viewing content on their phones.
Elle: rolls out mobile site
The mobile site, which is now live, has been built in response to "increasing demand" from Elle readers and digital users for premium content on multiple platforms.
According to audited figures, elleuk.com, the brand's website, has in excess of 450,000 unique users a month.
The mobile site aims to capture Elle’s content in a "succinct and stylish" package, the publisher said.
It features fully optimised videos of some of Elle's best beauty and fashion tutorial videos and exclusive behind the scenes footage.
Users can also shop online at elleuk.com directly from their handheld device.
The mobile launch is the latest in a run of recent digital ventures for the magazine. Earlier this year ellleuk.com ran behind-the-scenes footage of David Beckham's LA cover shoot.
The magazine also announced Kristen Stewart as the main feature of its June issue via Twitter.
Lorraine Candy, editor-in-chief of Elle, said: "Our new optimised mobile site sits alongside our website and printed magazine to provide our readers with a truly 360 Elle experience, and also re-affirms our position as the most digitally innovative luxury fashion magazine in the marketplace."
Meribeth Parker, Elle group publishing director, said: "Elle is already a market leader at delivering multi-channel solutions.
"With the new mobile site, we will be able to deliver even stronger consumer engagement with the Elle brand."
Elle is published by Heart Magazines UK.Follow @nickbatten2
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Senior Account Manager [Shopper Marketing] - Excellent London Agency - c£36k + Fill Recruitment Ltd c£36k + and great benefits, West London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...