Starbucks to roll out coffee machines
Starbucks is aping rival Costa Coffee by rolling out thousands of coffee vending machines, called Starbucks On The Go.
Starbucks: readies UK machine roll out
The first machines will be introduced in four Sainsbury's stores next week. They will then be installed at petrol stations, followed by a country-wide roll out. Starbucks said it was initially just being rolled out on a trial basis.
The move marks a significant push by Starbucks into a new area and comes just 18 months after Costa bought Coffee Nation, which operates 900 coffee machines.
The Starbucks On The Go machines will make the coffee in less than a minute and offer more than 200 different drinks.
The vending machine has a touchscreen interface, which allows customers to play a game while waiting for their coffee.
All Starbuck's Tall drinks will cost £2.10 and Grande will be priced at £2.40. Extra shots and syrups will not cost extra.
The move comes at a busy time for Starbucks. In July, Starbucks announced it was launching a chilled coffee product called Refresha and a range of commercial tie-ups.
In an interview with Marketing, Starbucks' top UK marketer Ian Cranna described how the Starbucks brands is changing and evolving to compete with market leader Costa and McDonald's.Follow @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...