Starbucks to roll out coffee machines
Starbucks is aping rival Costa Coffee by rolling out thousands of coffee vending machines, called Starbucks On The Go.
Starbucks: readies UK machine roll out
The first machines will be introduced in four Sainsbury's stores next week. They will then be installed at petrol stations, followed by a country-wide roll out. Starbucks said it was initially just being rolled out on a trial basis.
The move marks a significant push by Starbucks into a new area and comes just 18 months after Costa bought Coffee Nation, which operates 900 coffee machines.
The Starbucks On The Go machines will make the coffee in less than a minute and offer more than 200 different drinks.
The vending machine has a touchscreen interface, which allows customers to play a game while waiting for their coffee.
All Starbuck's Tall drinks will cost £2.10 and Grande will be priced at £2.40. Extra shots and syrups will not cost extra.
The move comes at a busy time for Starbucks. In July, Starbucks announced it was launching a chilled coffee product called Refresha and a range of commercial tie-ups.
In an interview with Marketing, Starbucks' top UK marketer Ian Cranna described how the Starbucks brands is changing and evolving to compete with market leader Costa and McDonald's.Follow @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Production Manager Pitch Consultants £25000 - £30000 per annum, Birmingham
- Content Director AF Selection £35,000 + Bonus + Benefits, Birmingham
- Advertising Operations Specialist Propel £24000 - £32000 per annum, City of London
- New Business Manager Gabriele Skelton £35000 per annum, London