Microsoft focuses on Kinect tech as Apple launches iPhone 5
Steve Edwards, group head of sales at Microsoft, is focusing on its open Kinect technology to tap into audiences and calls Apple's iPhone 5 launch "and important part of our growth".
Speaking at an IAB event exploring online video and changing technology, Edwards highlighted how its gaming platform aimed to tap into changes in users' habits.
In an interview with Media Week, Edwards used Microsoft SmartGlass app as an example of a launch that benefits from Apple's iOS platform as well as Windows 8. It enables users view and control content across different devices such as PCs, tablets, and mobile phones.
He said: "It's going to be part of our open attitude to how content, and how Xbox, cross different devices".
The computer giant is focused on expanding its Xbox platform and working with brand partners to enhance the services it offers.
Video produced by Sarah Johnson, Ben Hall and Georgina Brazier.Follow @BRproducers
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Senior Designer Duke Circa £40k - £43k , London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...