Beta bolsters its CRM by assimilating BEC
Beta, the agency launched by Robert Campbell and Garry Lace in 2009, has acquired the CRM and digital agency BEC, led by Chris Barraclough.
Robert Campbell (l) and Chris Barraclough
Details of the financial transaction have not been finalised but it is understood that the purchase has been made for a nominal fee.
Barraclough and the BEC team of seven will move into the Beta offices and will trade under the Beta name. Barraclough's job title at the agency has yet to be decided.
BEC accounts include Air France, KLM, Breast Cancer Care and Currencies Direct. They will complement Beta's roster of clients, which include CityJet, Royal Mail and the English National Opera.
Campbell said that the deal strengthened Beta's credentials in the CRM arena.
He added: "Chris and I have been friends for 20 years. Finally we get to work together. This will be compelling for clients and fun for us."
Barraclough is a former chairman of Proximity, the international network that was formed in 1999 from his original company Barraclough Hall Woolston Gray. He quit Proximity in 2003 to launch Barraclough Edwards Chamberlain, now BEC.
Barraclough added: "Together, Beta and BEC provides clients with a range of skills and depth of experience that they are unlikely to find anywhere else in London."
According to Companies House, Beta's co-founder Lace resigned as a director of the company earlier this year as part of a corporate restructure, but he continues to work at the agency.
Campbell said that the restructure was designed to attract extra funding ahead of plans to launch its high50 community site, which targets the grey market, in the US.Follow @Jezzalee
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...