IPC Media's Cathy Neale passes away
Cathy Neale, advertising director for IPC Classified and Innovator, has passed away unexpectedly after a sudden illness.
Cathy Neale: worked for IPC for more than 28 years
Neale had worked for IPC for more than 28 years, joining in 1983 as a clerk in the classified department.
She was promoted to a number of management roles within the team, culminating in her appointment as classified ad director in 1999.
That role was later expanded when she took additional responsibility for Innovator, the inserts and direct response division. IPC described her as "a highly respected and dedicated member" of both the IPC Inspire board and the IPC Advertising board.
Paul Williams, managing director of IPC's men's magazine division Inspire, to whom Neale reported, said: "Cathy was a truly inspirational person, both as a leader to her staff in Classified and Innovator, and to her colleagues across IPC.
"She was incredibly supportive and proud of her team and took the greatest joy from celebrating their individual and team successes. That was Cathy – never selfish, always driving for the best for the company, but most importantly, for her people.
"She will be sadly missed and our deepest sympathies and all our thoughts at this time go to her husband Colin and her family."Follow @nickbatten2
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
- Communications Co-ordinator Stopgap £26000 - £29000 per annum, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...