Sky strikes wide-ranging deal with Channel 4
Sky has struck a wide-ranging deal with Channel 4, through which a range of Channel 4's linear channels and its on-demand 4oD service will become available across Sky's digital platforms.
Channel 4: first public broadcaster to allow content on Sky's digital platforms
Sky has existing agreements with the other public broadcasters for its on-demand service, but the announcement today (14 September) marks the first time a public service broadcaster has allowed its content to be made available on mobile and tablet devices through Sky Go.
The deal means that Film4 HD and More4 HD channels will arrive on Sky’s pay TV platform, while Channel 4 channels are also rolling out on Sky Go, its online TV service. The channels will be avaialble from next year.
Channel 4, E4, More 4, Film4 are being added to Sky Go, meaning that Channel 4 will become the first terrestrial network to be added to Sky Go, joining Sky's wholly-owned channels and broadcasters including Disney, ESPN and Turner.
As part of the new agreement, Channel 4 will receive viewing data from Sky, a thorny issue for broadcasters.
Channel 4 has previously challenged Sky over the viewers' data it gleans about its programmes, calling on the Government to address the issue in the new Communications Act.
Commenting on today's announcement, Rob Webster, director of Sky's commercial group, said: "Sky is committed to giving our customers total control and flexibility over how and when they access their favourite shows."
Sarah Rose, Channel 4's director of Commercial & business development, said: "We're delighted to have entered into this far-reaching partnership with Sky, which will see Channel 4 content and our very successful VoD service, 4oD, span an even greater reach and enable more viewers to enjoy our programmes than ever before."
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...