MTV to launch fashion-focused online spin-off
MTV is in the final stages of signing a commercial partner for the launch of a fashion-focused digital property called District MTV, which will go live online in October and on mobile later in the year.
Rita Ora: typifies today's MTV stars who fuse music and fashion (picture credit: Getty Images)
District MTV is aimed at fashion savvy 18- to 34-year-olds in the UK, Italy, France, Germany and Spain. It will make use of MTV's existing connections to pop culture, music and fashion.
A spokeswoman for MTV parent Viacom International Media Networks said it was "in the final stages of signing a launch partner" for District MTV.
Editorial content will focus on celebrity style, with tips on how to recreate looks, videos from MTV network, and interviews with the celebrities and stylists themselves.
It will also showcase emerging designers and street style trends. Regular features on the website will include 'The Daily Drop' news alert, the 'Look Look' look-of-the-day poll, and 'This is my Jam' playlists.
Melanie Hick, former Huffington Post senior editor, as been appointed editor-in-chief, and former Dazed and Confused contributing editor William Oliver has been appointed editor.
Philip O’Ferrall, senior vice-president, Viacom International Media Networks, Digital, said: "MTV has always had a strong influence on style, fashion and trends. With this longstanding heritage, it makes sense for us to enter this space and launch a new conversation with a style-focused audience that celebrates the integral connection between music and fashion."
MTV recently signed up the perfume Emporio Armani Diamonds to be the headline partner of 'MTV Brand New For 2013', which is MTV UK's annual campaign to promote new music.Follow @shearmans
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Senior Designer Duke Circa £40k - £43k , London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...