Rolling Stones channel King Kong for album pre-order push
The Rolling Stones' 50th anniversary 'Grrr!' greatest hits album is to be promoted with augmented reality that features a virtual gorilla hanging from famous landmarks including Big Ben and the Sydney Opera House.
The Rolling Stones: launches Grrr pre-order campaign
From today, Rolling Stones fans can download a dedicated iPhone app that superimposes the gorilla onto their screens when they point their smartphone at one of 3,000 landmarks in 50 cities around the world.
Landmarks include The Empire State Building and Toyko's SkyTree.
The gorilla image is based on the album artwork and features the band's signature red tongue hanging from its mouth.
Universal Music has partnered with augmented reality specialist Aurasma for the global activity. The app also allows users to pre-order the album ahead of its launch next month.
Users are being encouraged to take photos of the gorilla animations and share them on Twitter, Facebook and the band's fan site. The 50 best submissions will each win a prize.
Deborah Hyacinth, vice president of digital marketing at Universal Music Group, said: "This pioneering use of mobile technology extends The Rolling Stones' reputation for innovation and imagination."Follow @shearmans
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Account Manager fishtank 32k to 42k per year GBP, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...