Special K launches Tweet Shop campaign for new crisps range
Special K is running the "world's first tweet shop" social media campaign to push its entry into the crisps market.
Tweet Shop: Kellog's launches social media push for Special K Cracker Crisps range
Visitors to the Soho pop-up shop will be able to pay for a packet of Special K Cracker Crisps by tweeting a message about the snack.
The shop is staffed by a number of Special K shop assistants in red dresses who will check each customer's tweet before giving them a pack of crisps.
Slice created the campaign that launches today (25 September) and will run until Friday.
The Tweet Shop marks the first venture into the retail space through a dedicated physical space for Kellogg's, the owner of the Special K brand.
Sarah Case, brand manager for Special K, said the decision to swap real money for "social currency" in the campaign was made because "the value of positive endorsements on social media sites is beyond compare".
The Tweet Shop is lined with hundreds of packs of crisps, a "try before you buy" snack area and a community notice board that showcases the social media reaction.Follow @mattchapmanuk
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Senior Account Manager [Shopper Marketing] - Excellent London Agency - c£36k + Fill Recruitment Ltd c£36k + and great benefits, West London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...