Special K launches Tweet Shop campaign for new crisps range
Special K is running the "world's first tweet shop" social media campaign to push its entry into the crisps market.
Tweet Shop: Kellog's launches social media push for Special K Cracker Crisps range
Visitors to the Soho pop-up shop will be able to pay for a packet of Special K Cracker Crisps by tweeting a message about the snack.
The shop is staffed by a number of Special K shop assistants in red dresses who will check each customer's tweet before giving them a pack of crisps.
Slice created the campaign that launches today (25 September) and will run until Friday.
The Tweet Shop marks the first venture into the retail space through a dedicated physical space for Kellogg's, the owner of the Special K brand.
Sarah Case, brand manager for Special K, said the decision to swap real money for "social currency" in the campaign was made because "the value of positive endorsements on social media sites is beyond compare".
The Tweet Shop is lined with hundreds of packs of crisps, a "try before you buy" snack area and a community notice board that showcases the social media reaction.Follow @mattchapmanuk
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Account Manager, Integrated Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £28000 - £32000 per annum, London
- Publishing Communications Manager - Job-share,3 days a week Stopgap £30000 - £33000 per annum, London
- Mid level and Senior Digital Project Managers Zebra People £30000 - £50000 per annum + great benefits, East London
- Visual Merchandising Project Manager - Luxury CG Jarlett de Grouchy £35000 per annum + bonus + benefits, Wimbledon
- Case Manager/Administrator - Pensions Regan & Dean Recruitment Limited £25000 - £30000 per annum + excellent bens, London