Dixons.co.uk website to close in retail reboot
Dixons Retail, the group behind Currys and PC World, is closing its online-only business Dixons.co.uk to concentrate on its multichannel offering.
Dixons.co.uk: end of an era
The website is set to close tomorrow, six years after the business took the Dixons brand off its bricks and mortar stores by relabelling them Currys.digital.
The move coincides with the introduction of new websites for Currys and PC World, which will be adaptable to different devices.
It comes after the business improved its multichannel offering for Currys and PC World, allowing people to order online and pick up products in-store the same day.
Kate Bickerstaffe, the UK and Ireland chief executive of Dixons Retail, told The Times: "We don’t see a place for Dixons.co.uk where we have Currys.co.uk and PCWorld.co.uk. We have done fantastic amounts of work to make sure we have fantastic pricing. I’m confident that’s the right thing to do."
The Dixons brand will continue to exist in the company’s travel shop business based in airports.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Mobile Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £50000 per annum + excellent benefits, City of London
- International Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Data Planner - Superb Agency - Soho - up to £50k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £50k + great benefits, Soho, London
- Marketing Specialist Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £24000 - £33000 per annum, Coventry
- Head of Membership Royal Pharmaceutical Society of Great Britain c. £55K, Lambeth, Central London
- Senior Account Manager, Digital - Automotive Account Copeland Select High £30,000s, London