Motorola pours 'record-breaking' investment into UK for Razr push
Motorola is pouring ''record-breaking levels of investment" into its UK marketing as part of the launch of its Razr i phone.
The multi-million pound campaign will be spearheaded by a TV ad directed by Hollywood heavyweight Mark Romanek, the director of 'One Hour Photo' and Michael Jackson’s 'Scream' music video.
The TV activity will launch on Saturday 13 October and will position the Razr i as a "full screen phone" that appeals to both sexes and leverages "the best of Google".
The Motorola handset is running on Google's Android platform and will compete against Apple's iPhone and Samsung handsets.
The device’s edge-to-edge display allows it to be made smaller than rival phones, giving it more female appeal than competitor devices including the Samsung Galaxy SIII, according to director of European marketing operations James Soames.
Marcus Frost, Motorola Mobility EMEA senior marketing director, says the recent structural changes made by Motorola mean the Motorola brand "now has meaningful levels of investment".
Google is currently in the process of cutting a fifth of the Motorola Mobility workforce as part of a strategy of making fewer devices in order to focus its strategy.
It is still unclear how many people have been impacted in the UK by the global jobs cuts.
The mobile maker is to channel more marketing investment into each device as it seeks to give a ‘burning focus’ to the way it targets consumers, according to Frost.
Marketing for the Razr i is being aimed at 20- to-40-year-olds and the heavyweight elements of the campaign will run for the rest of the quarter.
Television spots will be supported by cinema, press, out-of-home and digital activity.
Goodby Silverstein created the executiion with localisation handled by Ogilvy & Mather and Freedman International.
Digital activity will include a YouTube takeover that will be a world's first, while Google+ activity will be something the brand looks to integrate into social media later in the quarter, according to Frost.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Digital Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £52,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Business Development Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Digital Acquisition Manager - Leading Online Biz GoodEgg Digital £70k + Bonus and Benefits, United Kingdom / England / North West England / Lancashire / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Search Marketing Manager - International Markets Search Laboratory £24,000 - £30,000 per annum + benefits , Yorkshire and the Humber / North Yorkshire / West Yorkshire / Harrogate, North Yorkshire / Leeds,...
- Marketing Communications Senior Manager Lloyd's of London Competitive salary and benefits package , London (City of), London (Greater)