Channel 5's joint head of trading Andy Atkinson to leave
Andy Atkinson, joint head of trading at Channel 5, is to leave the broadcaster after less than two years.
Channel 5: Andy Atkinson announces his departure
It is understood that Atkinson is planning to take some time out of the industry to go travelling with his family. His departure date has not been finalised but it is expected he will leave Channel 5 by Christmas.
Atkinson joined Channel 5 as joint head of trading in January last year as part of sales director Nick Bampton’s restructure of the network’s commercial team. He reports to Ross Belcher, trading director
It is understood that Channel 5 is considering its options and is likely to replace Atkinson directly.
Channel 5 currently splits the agency trading responsibilities between Atkinson and Phil Stewart, his fellow head of trading who has been with the broadcaster for more than nine years.
Atkinson was director of sales at Virgin Media’s former ad sales arm Ids until it was disbanded following BSkyB’s purchase of Virgin Media and UKTV’s decision to move its ad sales contract to Channel 4.
Immediately prior to joining Channel 5, Atkinson worked at Channel 4 as a consultant to help Channel 4 integrate the UKTV contract.
A spokesman for Channel 5 declined to comment.Follow @MaisieMcCabe
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
- PR SAM-AD Financial Services, £33-35k #PR Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment GBP33000 - GBP55000 per annum, Benefits: benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...