Carlsberg hires ex-Pepsi marketer Moradpour for global brand growth
Carlsberg has appointed ex-Pepsi marketer Thomas Moradpour as the vice president of the Carlsberg brand.
Thomas Moradpour: moving to Carlsberg’s Denmark office
Joining the beer giant last month from PepsiCo in the US, Moradpour is charged with driving all marketing aspects related to the flagship Carlsberg brand, feeding directly into the group’s strategy to drive Carlsberg globally. He is based in the company’s Denmark office.
Moradpour replaces Sven Langeneckert, who is pursuing other options, and reports directly to Khalil Younes, senior vice president, global sales, marketing and innovation at Carlsberg.
He joins from PepsiCo, where his role as the senior marketing director for Pepsi in the USA saw him pilot the new global "Live for now" marketing strategy, which has pulled in partnerships with the Michael Jackson estate, Nicky Minaj, Twitter, and TV channels MTV and ABC.
He was also responsible for 'The X Factor' Pepsi sponsorship for seasons one and two, and between 2005 and 2011 he led the Pepsi Max brand internationally.
Prior to this, Moradpour held multiple global, regional and in-market roles at PepsiCo, and started his career at L’Oreal.
In July Carlsberg entered the UK cider market with the launch of its Somersby brand, and in April it announced the launch of a ‘metrosexual’ lager brand, Copenhagen.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Data Journalist PRISM Highly Competitive, London
- Head of New Media Department for Work and Pensions Salary £60,030 to £72,880., Westminster
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £45,000 per annum, London (Greater)
- Shopper Insights Manager PepsiCo negotiable, Theale
- CMI Director Ball & Hoolahan £95,000 + Car/Car Allowance , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Assistant Marketing Strategy Manager Thorntons £Competitive + Benefits, Alfreton, Derbyshire