AB InBev stands by Lance Armstrong
AB InBev has become the second sponsor to stand by Lance Armstrong, the disgraced seven-times Tour de France winner, despite US anti-doping authorities describing the cyclist as a "serial cheat" who ran "the most sophisticated... doping programme that sport has ever seen".
Lance Armstrong: stars in Michelob Ultra promotion
Armstrong was yesterday charged by the United States Anti-Doping Authority (USADA) with six offences, including taking banned substances and administering drugs to teammates.
This morning Nike said it was standing behind Armstrong and now AB InBev is following suit.
Paul Chibe, vice president of US marketing at Anheuser-Busch, today said: "Our current relationship with Lance remains unchanged".
AB InBev has previously said Armstrong would continue to be a spokesman for its beer Michelob Ultra, with Chibe saying, "He has inspired millions with his athletic achievement and his commitment to helping cancer survivors and their families."Follow @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Insight Manager Jarlett de Grouchy £30000.00 - £40000.00 per annum + car allowance+ bonus, Berkshire
- Associate Director, Consumer Research Jarlett de Grouchy £38000.00 - £45000.00 per annum, Oxfordshire
- Senior Innovation Manager Ball & Hoolahan £58,000 per Car/ Car Allowance, South East
- Range and Merchandising Executive Ball & Hoolahan £33,000 per annum, London
- Global Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, London
- Global Brand Ambassador Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, London