LinkedIn strives to boost interaction with profile revamp
LinkedIn has unveiled a major overhaul of its profile pages, in a bid to get its 175 million members to check in and interact with the service more often.
LinkedIn: new profile page
The changes, announced by the business network’s chief executive Jeff Weiner, were unveiled at an event at its Mount View headquarters in California yesterday.
The new profile pages carry a larger photo at the top of the page along with a brief list of education and professional experience.
Its new, simpler design aims to make it easier for users to see what contacts in their network are up to.
The "recent activity" stream has been moved to the top of the profile. The new profiles also show visual insights on the people and companies in their network.
Aaron Bronzan, product manager at LinkedIn, wrote in a blog post: "Our new visual design helps you make a powerful first impression and showcase your skills and accomplishments. We’ve also provided tools such as inline editing, making it a snap to create a complete, up-to-date profile."
LinkedIn was founded in 2003 and now has 10 million UK members. It makes its revenues from advertising, job listings and subscriptions.
In April it launched its first iPad app to capitalise on the growth of its members using the service from mobile devices.Follow @shearmans
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Senior Account Manager [Shopper Marketing] - Excellent London Agency - c£36k + Fill Recruitment Ltd c£36k + and great benefits, West London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...