Child abuse charity to run 'silence fixed it for Jim' ads
The National Association of People Abused in Childhood (NAPAC) is to run a press and poster ad campaign referencing the Jimmy Savile revelations, to encourage people to speak up if they suspect abuse.
NAPAC: runs Jimmy Saville campaign
The campaign uses the stark image of a 'Jim'll Fix It'-style badge to reflect the public's shock and revulsion about the way a famous figure was able to use, and hide behind, a position of trust and celebrity. The activity encourages people to speak up if they are a victim and stresses the importance of speaking up if you suspect wrongdoing.
Cogent is a strong supporter of NAPAC’s work and has agreed to produce the campaign at its own cost.
Richard Payne, creative director at Cogent Elliott, said: "The Jimmy Savile case has awakened the whole nation to the horrors of child abuse. If there is one benefit to this, it is that the laudable work of agencies such as NAPAC has begun to receive due notice. The support NAPAC provides to adults who’ve suffered childhood abuse is invaluable. We are proud to able to lend our expertise to such an organisation."
The campaign will initially be run in poster and press formats. Art direction was by Sweta Pathak and Alex Fraser was the copy director.
A spokesperson for Cogent Elliott said that the campaign will run "within the week".
The NAPAC helpline is 0800 085 3330.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...