Diageo seeks greater marketing creativity with 'Shooting for 10' philosophy
Diageo is attempting to transform its marketing creativity through an ambitious global drive called 'Shooting for 10'.
Diageo: new creative startegy for its Smirnoff vodka brand
Overseen by chief marketing officer Andy Fennell, the programme bears similarities to Unilever's 'Crafting brands for life' initiative, which aimed to foster a 'more magic, less logic' approach to marketing.
Fennell has, in the past, spoken of the need for marketers to take risks and not settle for 'sevens [out of 10]'.
One observer said it would result in creative development and briefing becoming less prescriptive and 'more of a dynamic creative debate'. Another claimed: 'No work will run unless it is deemed 10/10'.
Diageo has given marketers additional responsibilities as 'creative leaders' across their brands, and is briefing agencies on the philosophy.
It is also overhauling its 'Diageo Way of Brand Building' programme, a marketing toolkit created in 1999, to better reflect today's challenges. Roster agencies are being briefed on the changes.
A spokeswoman for the company said 'Shooting for 10' was not a 'formal initiative' but rather a goal to 'galvanise the marketing teams'.
It aimed to 'give marketers something to "stand behind" and get them to work out the best way to "shoot for a 10"', she added.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
- Marketing Executive Network Marketing £20000 - £23000 per annum, West Yorkshire
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...