Immediate Media launches portfolio on Kindle Fire
Immediate Media Co is launching its magazine portfolio on Amazon App Store, a move timed for the European launch of the Kindle Fire tablet and Kindle Fire HD.
Amazon Newsstand: promotes Immediate Media titles Gardeners' World and Olive
Launch titles including popular brands such as BBC History Magazine, Olive Magazine and BBC Worldwide-owned titles Top Gear and Lonely Planet Traveller come with a free trial subscription, recurring subscription options, and current and back issue purchases.
In addition to the initial Kindle Fire launch-day titles, 16 other brands from Immediate Media's portfolio will become available this week. The line-up will not include Radio Times or any children's magazines.
Immediate Media worked with London-based MagazineCloner to bring its titles to Amazon's new device.
Rebekah Billingsley, publishing director for mobile devices at Immediate Media, said: "With so much press and public interest in the new Kindle, we're delighted that Amazon is promoting several of our titles on its Newsstand, offering a 60-day free trial for BBC History, Olive, Gardeners' World and BBC Music, with BBC Wildlife soon to follow.
MagazineCloner.com claims to have more than 1,000 apps live on multiple platforms.Follow @nickbatten2
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £Excellent Salary Package , South East England / London (Greater)
- Innovation Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £48,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East England
- Digital Marketing Specialist Colyer London £25000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Manager Diageo Great reward package for great talent, Amsterdam / Dublin / Madrid / London (Greater)
- Digital Display Executive (fashion e-commerce) Farfetch Competitive + bonus + benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)