Auto Trader launches Ignition on tablet
Auto Trader is launching a monthly interactive publication called Ignition, ahead of the expected closure of its flagship printed title and the arrival of a rival News International car site.
Ignition: Auto Trader launches monthly interactive publication
Ignition will feature car reviews, news and features and will cost £1.49 per issue. Auto Trader claims it will simplify the buying process.
One feature of Ignition is that it allows users to load tailored search results from Auto Trader's online market place.
Ignition also includes a live Twitter feed with information about the different vehicles for sale via Auto Trader, and readers can post straight to their own Twitter or Facebook profiles within the app.
Ignition has been designed and built by content agency FuturePlus.
Auto Trader claims Ignition's content is designed for consumers "looking for an engaging and entertaining way to research their next car."
The debut issue of Ignition is available to download this week from the Apple Newsstand.
The arrival of Ignition comes as News International launches a rival car classified website under its Sunday Times brand, as it moves to pinch market share from Auto Trader.
It also comes ahead of the expected closure of the printed version of Auto Trader.
In June, Auto Trader launched its first exclusively digital campaign, which featured a collection of short films that dramatise some of the car stories Auto Trader has helped people start over the past 35 years.Follow @nickbatten2
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Digital & Social - Dublin / London The Great & The Good In the region of £60,000 - £65,000 per annum, Dublin
- Commercial Manager Business Centric Services Group Up to £45,000 per annum + benefits, Old Street
- Head of Marketing Operations - Fixed Term Contract 12 months NEST Corporation Competitve, London
- Senior Account Manager / First Time Account Director Content is King £35k - £45k per annum dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Acquisition & Retention NEST Corporation Competitive, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Group Account Director - Experiential Agency The Great & The Good £70,000 - £75,000 per annum, London