Iceland unveils I'm a Celeb idents
Iceland, the frozen food retailer, has unveiled the idents for its headline sponsorship of ITV's 'I'm a Celebrity... Get Me Out of Here' as the partnership enters its seventh consecutive year.
The idents were created by Beta and break with the past by starring a normal couple pretending to live the celebrity lifestyle, rather than featuring celebrities who are starring in the show.
They were directed by John Hardwick at HLA, the copywriter was Liz Whiston and the art director was Dave Shelton. At Beta, the executive creative director is Robert Campbell.
In the 15 different idents, the couple are superimposed onto glamorous celebrity settings and they use taglines such as "Treat yourself like a Celebrity" and "Iceland is proud to sponsor I’m a Celebrity".
Alison Laverick, head of marketing at Iceland, said: "We hope viewers will enjoy our new approach to this year’s idents. We look forward to providing a few moments of escapism where everyone can indulge in the fantasy of a celebrity lifestyle.
"Our Christmas Party Food range has innovation at its core and forms the bedrock of our sponsorship, be that via broadcast or digital media."
The sponsorship package, which was planned and bought by MediaCom North, includes broadcast sponsorship on ITV1 and ITV2, mobile, online and off-air licensing, as well Iceland branding on on-air marketing
‘I’m a Celeb…’ starts on Sunday (11 November) and this year's celebrities will include former ‘Coronation Street’ actor Helen Flanagan, boxer David Haye and, controversially, the MP Nadine Dorries.
The Ant and Dec-fronted show is shot in the Australian jungle and asks the celebrities to endure a number of difficult challenges such as eating – or spending time with – insects and other animals
Jason Spencer, business development director at ITV, said: "The longevity of this partnership ensures that we are able to maximise the value of the sponsorship for Iceland during a key trading period, and deliver a multi-faceted campaign across ITV’s platforms."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Marketing Operations - Fixed Term Contract 12 months NEST Corporation Competitve, London
- Senior Account Manager / First Time Account Director Content is King £35k - £45k per annum dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Acquisition & Retention NEST Corporation Competitive, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Group Account Director - Experiential Agency The Great & The Good £70,000 - £75,000 per annum, London
- Category Manager - Herbs, Spices & Ready Mixes McCormick Ltd £ Competitive + Benefits , Haddenham, Aylesbury
- Account Director The Great & The Good £45000 - £50000 per annum, West End