Aegis scoops the bulk of Kraft's £200 million European media account
Aegis has scooped the bulk of the £200m European media planning and buying business for Kraft, while PHD has retained its £39m UK and Ireland media planning and buying responsibilities.
Cadbury: PHD retains UK media account
Aegis has been awarded 14 markets including Western Europe. Mindshare was the incumbent on Western Europe, which included the markets France, Belgium, Netherlands, Germany, Switzerland, Italy and Greece.
Starcom was the incumbent on the Spain and the Nordics markets, which have now been awarded to Aegis.
Central and Eastern Europe was not included as part of the review. As a result Aegis still looks after Bulgaria and Starcom is still responsible for the Ukraine and the Baltics.
The move to review followed Kraft’s decision to spin off its North American grocery division from its global snacks business, which was approved by the company’s directors in August. Kraft's global snack business was re-branded as Mondelez International, which includes core brands Cadbury Dairy Milk and Oreo.
The US Kraft review is still in play as is the global communications planning review, which is being handled separately.
Omnicom’s PHD was awarded the Cadbury account in 2008 and added the Kraft business in 2010 after going head-to-head against Kraft’s agency Starcom. It was prompted by Kraft’s £12 billion takeover of Cadbury.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Senior Designer Duke Circa £40k - £43k , London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...