Nokia hands head of consumer marketing role to Adam Johnson
Nokia has created the new role of head of consumer marketing and handed it to UK head of brand and campaigns Adam Johnson.
Lumia 920: Nokia is pinning its hopes on the recently launched flagship smartphone
Johnson will report to James Kitto, West Europe head of sales operations, and will have responsibility for all consumer marketing channels for the UK and Ireland, encompassing above-the-line, digital, sponsorship and events.
He will also be tasked with working with trade customers such as Carphone Warehouse to "ensure maximum exposure and brand alignment" for the phone manufacturer.
The changes come as part of an internal restructure of the responsibilities of the UK and Ireland marketing team. A Nokia spokesman said "no one will leave" as a result of the restructure.
Embattled Nokia is hoping its recently launched Lumia 920 flagship phone, which is available on EE's 4G network, will turn around its fortunes.
The brand is currently running a competition to win tickets to the official launch event of the phone, which will take place on Wednesday (28 November).
Nokia is planning a similar high-profile event to the one it used to launch its Lumia 800 smartphone last year, which featured a performance from Deadmau5.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Digital Media Senior Executive - Mobile - Leading Agency Ultimate Asset £23000 - £28000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- SENIOR DIGITAL PLANNER - INTEGRATED AGENCY Live Recruitment £50000 - £70000 per annum, City of London
- Digital Marketing Manager - Ardington Ltd Ball & Hoolahan £Competitive Salary Package, South East
- Brand Activation Manager Ball & Hoolahan £36,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East
- Marketing Manager - Inbound Tourism - Dubai Based MCG Associates Tax Free Competitive Package, Dubai, UAE
- Senior Account Manager - Saudi Arabia - PR MCG Associates Tax Free Package, Riyadh. KSA