Dunstone to bring Obama's favourite burger chain to the UK
Sir Charles Dunstone, the founder of Carphone Warehouse, is moving into fast food and is bringing Five Guys, a US burger chain to Britain, according to a report.
Sir Charles Dunstone: bringing Five Guys burger chain to Britain
Dunstone has formed a joint venture with the parent company of Five Guys and plans to open the first of a number of outlets next year, beginning with a flagship store in London.
Five Guys is part of a new breed of fast-food chains that have proved popular in the US. Its menu includes hot dogs, burgers, sandwiches and chips.
Five Guys boasts 1,000 outlets in the US and Canada. President Obama is understood to be a fan of the chain.
Dunstone founded Carphone Warehouse in 1989 with savings of just £6,000. The success of the chain has meant his fortune has rocketed to £1bn, according to The Sunday Times Rich List.
The UK fast-food landscape is dominated by the likes of McDonald's, Subway and Burger King.
The details of the Dunstone venture appeared in The Sunday Times.Follow @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
- Senior PPC Account Manager (In-house) Step Ahead Recruitment £30-£40K, Staines, Middlesex
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...