Virgin Media unveils 'next-generation' retail proposition
Virgin Media is seeking to 'reinvent' its retail strategy with a flagship store that will push its 'next-generation' services.
Virgin Media: new flagship store
The 'Our House' outlet, which opens at Westfield in West London today (Wednesday), will determine developments for the rest of Virgin Media's retail estate.
Digital images of Virgin founder Sir Richard Branson, brand ambassadors Mo Farah and Usain Bolt and a T. Rex from its recent TV ad will greet visitors to the store as part of a drive to deliver a 'sensory experience at every touchpoint'.
Shoppers will be able to build a mobile package via an interactive wall, while motion-sensor-controlled screens will enable them to browse Virgin's services.
Staff at the store will be able to process sales on tablet computers, avoiding the need to install traditional tills.
Prospective customers will be able to talk to staff over a cup of tea in an 'Our Garden' area.
Virgin Media will incorporate successful elements from the flagship store into its other 90-plus shops nationwide.
Allen International created the Westfield store, which was built by Resolution Interiors.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Mobile Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £50000 per annum + excellent benefits, City of London
- International Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Data Planner - Superb Agency - Soho - up to £50k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £50k + great benefits, Soho, London
- Freelance Account Managers / Senior Account Managers, £NEG Fill Recruitment Ltd Negotiable, London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £58,000 per annum, London
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £70,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London