Virgin Media unveils 'next-generation' retail proposition
Virgin Media is seeking to 'reinvent' its retail strategy with a flagship store that will push its 'next-generation' services.
Virgin Media: new flagship store
The 'Our House' outlet, which opens at Westfield in West London today (Wednesday), will determine developments for the rest of Virgin Media's retail estate.
Digital images of Virgin founder Sir Richard Branson, brand ambassadors Mo Farah and Usain Bolt and a T. Rex from its recent TV ad will greet visitors to the store as part of a drive to deliver a 'sensory experience at every touchpoint'.
Shoppers will be able to build a mobile package via an interactive wall, while motion-sensor-controlled screens will enable them to browse Virgin's services.
Staff at the store will be able to process sales on tablet computers, avoiding the need to install traditional tills.
Prospective customers will be able to talk to staff over a cup of tea in an 'Our Garden' area.
Virgin Media will incorporate successful elements from the flagship store into its other 90-plus shops nationwide.
Allen International created the Westfield store, which was built by Resolution Interiors.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...