Shelter launches online video about homeless children at Christmas
Shelter, the housing and homelessness charity, has launched a digital campaign to raise awareness about the fact that there will be 75,000 children homeless in Britain on Christmas Day.
The charity has unveiled a video, created by Dare, which shows a mother and son who are forced to leave their home when the bailiffs come. The spot ends with the boy lying in a cold, dark room in temporary accommodation, to reinforce the point that homelessness does not mean people living on the streets.
The video, which breaks today, has been posted on YouTube, 4oD and ITV Player.
Campbell Robb, chief executive of Shelter, said: "It’s easy to think of homelessness as single people sleeping rough.
"What people don’t often consider is the rising numbers of families who, through no fault of their own, have lost their home and have no permanent roof over their heads. For people with children, ‘sofa surfing’ with friends and family often just isn’t a realistic option."
The film will be promoted on Twitter.
The creatives working on the campaign were Dipesh Mistry and Rob Graves-Morris. The production company was Mustard and the director was Ben Liam Jones.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
- Senior Account Director Dynamic New Alliances £65000.00 per annum + benefits, City of London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...