Saatchi & Saatchi's Unicef campaign reaches crescendo with human chain
Saatchi & Saatchi Zurich's campaign for Unicef, 'Stop violence against girls', has come to a crescendo with a human chain formed across two European cities.
Switzerland: campaigners form a human chain for Unicef's anti-violence initiative
The month-long campaign came to a close last weekend with a chain of people created across the cities of Zurich and Geneva, led by Anatole Taubman, the Swiss-born actor from 'Band of Brothers' and 'The Tudors'.
Members of the chain wore masks over their mouths to symbolise the sufferance of girls under violence.
A series of graphic images and films shot by photographer Marco Grob ran alongside the demonstration.
They featured real-life stories of girls from India, Pakistan, the Democratic Republic of the Congo, Nicaragua, Nigeria and the Ukraine, calling on people to donate with the line, "Give them back their own voice."
The campaign aims to raise awareness of the issues facing girls under constant threat of violence and to facilitate a discussion on the topic and improve the situation of girls globally.
A supporting campaign website provides information about educational programmes, emergency assistance, medical treatment and psychological support projects run by Unicef.
Elsbeth Muller, executive director, Unicef Switzerland, said: "The world owes girls a supportive environment and, most importantly, protection from harmful practices such as female genital mutilation, forced marriage and honour killing.
"The goal is to break through the wall of silence that often surrounds girls confronted with violence or discrimination. By calling problems by their name and talking about them, we help the concerning parties to defend themselves."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Digital Account Director Twist Recruitment £50000.00 - £55000.00 per annum + great benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Global Brand Manager - Drinks Trace c. £58k depending on experience, South East England / London (Greater) / Surrey / London (South), London (Greater) / London (West)...
- Senior International Agency Sales Manager - Mobile Salt £70000 per annum + strong bonus and great bens, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Research Director - Consumer Tech Trace £80k to £110k depending on experience, South East England / London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), Londo...
- Head of Marketing The RSA Circa £60,000 per annum (commensurate with skills and experience) + benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)