Spurs earmark US as key international priority
Tottenham Hotspur has earmarked developing the football club's brand in the US as a key priority by targeting its portfolio of sponsors and its US support base through marketing initiatives.
White Hart Lane: home ground of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club
Aidan Mullally, Tottenham’s senior manager, international business development, said: "We see the US as our number one priority."
The club went on a pre-season tour of the US this year, visiting cities in which the club has a big support base, such as Los Angeles, Baltimore and New York.
A number of the club's sponsors are US companies, including tech giant HP, video games maker EA Sports, and sports brand Under Armour.
Mullally said Tottenham Hotspur was always considering new commercial tie-ups, including those in the US.
The club says it has around six million fans in the US.
This year, the club undertook a number of marketing initiatives working with its sponsors. These included working with EA sports on a venture involving the hiring out of space in Grand Central Station, New York, where player images were showcased.
It also has carried out a number of grassroots initiatives in the US, which it is now looking to build on with its commercial partners.
The club is visiting Asia next year for its pre-season tour. However, it will return to the US in 2014.Follow @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Online Editorial Manager Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £30000 - £35000 per annum + benefits, London
- Client Services Director Dot-Gap £55k, Central London