Spurs earmark US as key international priority
Tottenham Hotspur has earmarked developing the football club's brand in the US as a key priority by targeting its portfolio of sponsors and its US support base through marketing initiatives.
White Hart Lane: home ground of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club
Aidan Mullally, Tottenham’s senior manager, international business development, said: "We see the US as our number one priority."
The club went on a pre-season tour of the US this year, visiting cities in which the club has a big support base, such as Los Angeles, Baltimore and New York.
A number of the club's sponsors are US companies, including tech giant HP, video games maker EA Sports, and sports brand Under Armour.
Mullally said Tottenham Hotspur was always considering new commercial tie-ups, including those in the US.
The club says it has around six million fans in the US.
This year, the club undertook a number of marketing initiatives working with its sponsors. These included working with EA sports on a venture involving the hiring out of space in Grand Central Station, New York, where player images were showcased.
It also has carried out a number of grassroots initiatives in the US, which it is now looking to build on with its commercial partners.
The club is visiting Asia next year for its pre-season tour. However, it will return to the US in 2014.Follow @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager - Inbound Tourism - Dubai Based MCG Associates Tax Free Competitive Package, Dubai, UAE
- Senior Account Manager - Saudi Arabia - PR MCG Associates Tax Free Package, Riyadh. KSA
- Digital Advertising Manager - High End Lifestyle Ultimate Asset £43000 - £50000 per annum + commission & excellent benefits, London
- Media Exec - Leading Media Agency - Mobile Sector Ultimate Asset £22000 - £26000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Biddable Paid Social Senior Executive - Top 10 Agency Ultimate Asset £25000 - £30000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Account handler ready for an immediate start? Freelance, Contract or Temp to Perm? Barker Graves Up to £250/day, central london