Spurs earmark US as key international priority
Tottenham Hotspur has earmarked developing the football club's brand in the US as a key priority by targeting its portfolio of sponsors and its US support base through marketing initiatives.
White Hart Lane: home ground of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club
Aidan Mullally, Tottenham’s senior manager, international business development, said: "We see the US as our number one priority."
The club went on a pre-season tour of the US this year, visiting cities in which the club has a big support base, such as Los Angeles, Baltimore and New York.
A number of the club's sponsors are US companies, including tech giant HP, video games maker EA Sports, and sports brand Under Armour.
Mullally said Tottenham Hotspur was always considering new commercial tie-ups, including those in the US.
The club says it has around six million fans in the US.
This year, the club undertook a number of marketing initiatives working with its sponsors. These included working with EA sports on a venture involving the hiring out of space in Grand Central Station, New York, where player images were showcased.
It also has carried out a number of grassroots initiatives in the US, which it is now looking to build on with its commercial partners.
The club is visiting Asia next year for its pre-season tour. However, it will return to the US in 2014.Follow @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Digital Creative Manager UCAS £comp + 25-days leave, flexible benefits and other fringe benefits, including Xmas closure , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Senior Fundraising Development Officer Comic Relief From £35,000pa, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Operations Manager Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £55,000 + Bonus, North London
- Consumer Activation Controller Mast-Jaegermeister UK Limited Salary depending on experience. Additional bonus, pension, BUPA, life assurance, 25 days' holiday., Camberley, Surrey
- PR Manager AF Selection £25,000 - £35,000 + Benefits, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £45k Judi Patton £40k-£45k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)