Spurs earmark US as key international priority
Tottenham Hotspur has earmarked developing the football club's brand in the US as a key priority by targeting its portfolio of sponsors and its US support base through marketing initiatives.
White Hart Lane: home ground of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club
Aidan Mullally, Tottenham’s senior manager, international business development, said: "We see the US as our number one priority."
The club went on a pre-season tour of the US this year, visiting cities in which the club has a big support base, such as Los Angeles, Baltimore and New York.
A number of the club's sponsors are US companies, including tech giant HP, video games maker EA Sports, and sports brand Under Armour.
Mullally said Tottenham Hotspur was always considering new commercial tie-ups, including those in the US.
The club says it has around six million fans in the US.
This year, the club undertook a number of marketing initiatives working with its sponsors. These included working with EA sports on a venture involving the hiring out of space in Grand Central Station, New York, where player images were showcased.
It also has carried out a number of grassroots initiatives in the US, which it is now looking to build on with its commercial partners.
The club is visiting Asia next year for its pre-season tour. However, it will return to the US in 2014.Follow @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...