Audi UK marketing boss departs
Audi UK head of marketing Dominic Chambers has left the Volkswagen-owned car marque.
Dominic Chambers: leaves Audi
The former LG Electronics and Vodafone marketer is understood to have left the manufacturer last month without a job to go to. An Audi spokeswoman refused to confirm whether the brand would be hiring a replacement.
In the interim, Audi’s UK director Martin Sander, himself a former marketer for Audi North America, will oversee marketing, with support from national CRM and centre marketing manager Sarah Cox.
Chambers joined Audi in July 2011 as the replacement for Peter Duffy, who had left the previous year to join easyJet. He had previously held senior marketing roles at Seagram, Warner Home Video and Uniqlo.
While in the role, Chambers had expressed a desire to bring Audi’s "Vorsprung Durch Technik" strapline, telling Marketing he would "ensure it features more heavily and is a core part of the creative brief".
He also oversaw campaigns for Audi’s A6 Avant and A3 sedan model. The latter, by Bartle Bogle Hegarty, emphasised that the A3 is "uncluttered" when compared with rival cars.
Audi is currently holding a review of its UK digital agency arrangements. The pitch is being handled by Agency Insight and Hugh Fletcher, the national digital manager for Audi UK.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Creative Production Controller (Maternity Cover) Asthma UK £34,361 - £36,169, London (Central), London (Greater)
- MARKETING MANAGER - Fashion Success Digital negotiable, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Sponsorship Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Marketing - SyFy NBC Universal Competitive, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Designer Creative Recruitment £30000 - £34000 per annum, Buckinghamshire
- Senior Marketing Manager PSD Group Up to £75K + car + package, London (Central), London (Greater)