ITV secures This Morning sofa product placement from DFS
ITV has agreed the third product-placement deal for daytime show 'This Morning', with DFS providing sofas for the set for a year from today.
This Morning: Holly Willoughby and Phillip Schofield co-host the ITV show
The sofas will not be DFS-branded and the placement will be advertised on air only once, with a message shown on-screen during today’s show.
The deal is understood to be worth a low six-figure sum and was brokered by DFS’ media agency MediaCom’s Beyond Advertising division.
It includes an off-air licensing agreement allowing DFS to use the ‘This Morning’ logo in-store and online and a dedicated area of ITV.com showcasing the partnership, DFS product ranges and competitions.
‘This Morning’ secured the first product placement deal in UK commercial television history in February 2011, after media regulator Ofcom liberalised rules. Nestle coffee brand Dolce Gusto paid a sum believed to be £100,000 to have its coffee machine placed in the kitchen, which was arranged by Mindshare.
While the Dolce Gusto deal has lapsed, a second deal was agreed in September 2012 by ZenithOptimedia branded content agency Newcast for B&Q to supply the kitchen for the programme for two years.
ITV’s other PP deals include a Nationwide cash machine in ‘Coronation Street’ and Samsung technology in ‘The X Factor’.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
- Senior UX Architect - Global Agency - London - £45,000-£55,000 Digital Gurus £50000 - £60000 per annum, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...