The Sun launches sing-along ad campaign
The Sun has launched a quirky TV ad featuring a young child singing to help the nation through the 'most depressing' month of the year.
The campaign, which continues the brand's ‘Get Involved’ strapline, has been created by Grey London and WPP’s Team News to promote The Sun’s ‘Big Smile Giveaway’, a range of promotional bargains including holidays for £9.50.
A 50-second TV spot launched on 1 January is being supported by additional 60-second and 40-second versions, digital outdoor, digital and direct marketing activity.
The ad, which was produced by Rattling Stick and directed by former Fallon executive creative director Andy McLeod, features a young girl who is already fed up with January leading a sing-along.
Grey London’s executive creative director Nils Leonard worked with creative director Dave Monk and copywriter Vicki Maguire on the spot. M/Six was the media agency behind the campaign.
In addition, The Sun Smile Squad will be visiting towns up and down the country purveying random acts of kindness, from paying road toll charges to providing cups of tea from The Sun tea van.
Nick Stringer, director of marketing communications, News International, said: "We needed an idea that could amplify everything that’s great about The Sun, at a time of year when people need a pick-me-up. Grey’s campaign does that perfectly, with a strong look and feel for the quarter and a TV spot that is a call to the British public to ‘get involved’ with the paper’s editorial and its unrivalled promotional schedule."
Nils Leonard, executive creative director, Grey London, said: "Nothing like a singsong to get us through our darkest month. The Sun’s ‘Big Smile Giveaway’ is perfectly fronted by a toothless superstar."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Marketing Operations - Fixed Term Contract 12 months NEST Corporation Competitve, London
- Senior Account Manager / First Time Account Director Content is King £35k - £45k per annum dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Acquisition & Retention NEST Corporation Competitive, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Group Account Director - Experiential Agency The Great & The Good £70,000 - £75,000 per annum, London
- Category Manager - Herbs, Spices & Ready Mixes McCormick Ltd £ Competitive + Benefits , Haddenham, Aylesbury
- Account Director The Great & The Good £45000 - £50000 per annum, West End