Diageo promotes Gladman to Africa role
Philip Gladman, the top European marketer for Diageo's white spirits brands, is to join its African operations.
Philip Gladman: moving to Africa role with Diageo
Chris Lock replaces him as category marketing director for white spirits, Diageo Western Europe.
Gladman, who has overseen marketing for brands such as Smirnoff and Gordon’s Gin, is taking up the role of marketing and innovation director for Diageo Africa with immediate effect. He joins the drinks company’s executive team for the continent and its global marketing leadership team.
Gladman has been at Diageo for 12 years. He previously worked as its GB marketing director and, prior to that, as global brand director for Smirnoff, where he oversaw the launch of its Nightlife Exchange Project.
At last year’s ISBA conference, Gladman argued that brands with social-media followings of fewer than 1m were better off investing in TV ads.
Lock previously managed white spirits brands in the UK and has been marketing director for Smirnoff Europe. His most recent role was category marketing director for Baileys and portfolio.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...