Diageo promotes Gladman to Africa role
Philip Gladman, the top European marketer for Diageo's white spirits brands, is to join its African operations.
Philip Gladman: moving to Africa role with Diageo
Chris Lock replaces him as category marketing director for white spirits, Diageo Western Europe.
Gladman, who has overseen marketing for brands such as Smirnoff and Gordon’s Gin, is taking up the role of marketing and innovation director for Diageo Africa with immediate effect. He joins the drinks company’s executive team for the continent and its global marketing leadership team.
Gladman has been at Diageo for 12 years. He previously worked as its GB marketing director and, prior to that, as global brand director for Smirnoff, where he oversaw the launch of its Nightlife Exchange Project.
At last year’s ISBA conference, Gladman argued that brands with social-media followings of fewer than 1m were better off investing in TV ads.
Lock previously managed white spirits brands in the UK and has been marketing director for Smirnoff Europe. His most recent role was category marketing director for Baileys and portfolio.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Marketing and Communications Alexandra Palace Trading £40,000 + bonus + benefits, London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £45k Judi Patton £40k-£45k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Engagement Planning (UK) BespokeHR £80,000 - £85,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager Ice (London) Ltd Competitive Salary dependent on experience, Windsor, Berkshire
- Interim Head of Brand The Rank Group To attract the right person!, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- PR Manager Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £35000 - £40000 per annum + benefits, London