Nexus/H appoints former iris chief Tom Poynter as group MD
Nexus/H has appointed Tom Poynter, former joint chief executive of iris London, as its group managing director.
Tom Poynter: joins Nexus/H
Poynter who left iris in November after three years, will start at the Tunbridge Wells-based agency on 1 February . He will replace Ian Norman who will leave the agency to pursue other interests, after handing over day-to-day responsibilities to Poynter.
Poynter left iris after deciding he no longer wanted to commute to London and wanted to spend more time with his family. He had joined the agency as managing director of its digital division from LBi, where he was client partner. He was promoted to joint chief executive of Iris last year.
Poynter said: "Nexus/H is a real out-of-town challenger agency that has strong foundations in marketing communications, as well as a talented team that has been built up with maturity over its 40-year history.
"With its truly full-service offering including integrated strategic planning and media buying, I can't wait to get started to develop the agency for the future and ensure it pushes the boundaries of marketing excellence."
Norman said: "Tom’s unique agency and commercial experience presents a tremendous opportunity for Nexus/H to extend and enhance its client offering and future business capabilities."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Marketing Operations - Fixed Term Contract 12 months NEST Corporation Competitve, London
- Senior Account Manager / First Time Account Director Content is King £35k - £45k per annum dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Acquisition & Retention NEST Corporation Competitive, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Group Account Director - Experiential Agency The Great & The Good £65000 - £70000 per annum, London
- Account Director The Great & The Good £45000 - £50000 per annum, West End
- Social Media Manager Ball & Hoolahan £48,000, London (Central), London (Greater)