This week's pitch news.
HSBC: Saatchi & Saatchi, Grey and JWT remain in the contest after the exit of BBDO
BBDO is the second network to be dropped from the HSBC global pitch. The decision narrows the pitchlist down to Saatchi & Saatchi, Grey and the incumbent, JWT. McCann Worldgroup exited the process in November.
The ongoing saga of the Government’s review of its creative roster is set to play for some time. It is said to have advised the pitching agencies that the results of the creative review have been delayed until late February, two months behind schedule. Meanwhile, the strategy review is set to kick off in April.
Think back to 2 August. To jog memories: it was the day that Team GB’s Peter Wilson won gold in the men’s double trap and Sir Chris Hoy, Jason Kenny and Philip Hindes did the same in the men’s team sprint. It was also the day that General Mills announced it was reviewing the pan-European advertising for its Nature Valley cereal bar brand. Having taken about as long as the Algerian athlete Taoufik Makhloufi did to run the 800 metres, the final stage of the pitch is next week.
Having gone into research over Christmas, the outcome of the £10 million Carling advertising account is eagerly anticipated among the three contenders – Beattie McGuinness Bungay, Creature and the incumbent, VCCP. Insiders suggest that Creature is well-placed to capture the business.
Adam & Eve/DDB and Mother are waiting for a decision on the Flora pitch, also in research, which is due at the end of the month.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Junior Account Director / Account Director - Fabulous Global Agency - Central London - to £47k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £47k, Central London
- business director > TOP LONDON AGENCY > ATL collectivo Up to £90,000 + great benefits, London
- ACCOUNT MANAGER | Integrated Agency | Confectionery | up to £30k Judi Patton up to £30k, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - Creative London Agency - MOBILE/Social Media - £40-47k Judi Patton £40-47k, London
- Global Head of Trading-South Africa Lipton Fleming £90000 per annum + benefits, Johannesburg
- MW ARt Director Red Sofa London £30000 - £35000 per annum, London