This week's pitch news.
HSBC: Saatchi & Saatchi, Grey and JWT remain in the contest after the exit of BBDO
BBDO is the second network to be dropped from the HSBC global pitch. The decision narrows the pitchlist down to Saatchi & Saatchi, Grey and the incumbent, JWT. McCann Worldgroup exited the process in November.
The ongoing saga of the Government’s review of its creative roster is set to play for some time. It is said to have advised the pitching agencies that the results of the creative review have been delayed until late February, two months behind schedule. Meanwhile, the strategy review is set to kick off in April.
Think back to 2 August. To jog memories: it was the day that Team GB’s Peter Wilson won gold in the men’s double trap and Sir Chris Hoy, Jason Kenny and Philip Hindes did the same in the men’s team sprint. It was also the day that General Mills announced it was reviewing the pan-European advertising for its Nature Valley cereal bar brand. Having taken about as long as the Algerian athlete Taoufik Makhloufi did to run the 800 metres, the final stage of the pitch is next week.
Having gone into research over Christmas, the outcome of the £10 million Carling advertising account is eagerly anticipated among the three contenders – Beattie McGuinness Bungay, Creature and the incumbent, VCCP. Insiders suggest that Creature is well-placed to capture the business.
Adam & Eve/DDB and Mother are waiting for a decision on the Flora pitch, also in research, which is due at the end of the month.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Account Manager fishtank 32k to 42k per year GBP, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...