NSPCC raids Age UK for new top marketer
Children's charity NSPCC has recruited Age UK director of fundraising Paul Farthing to lead its consumer-facing marketing.
NSPCC: hiring new head of fundraising from Age UK
His arrival follows a period of transition for the charity, with its chief executive Andrew Flanagan to leave in March.
Farthing was drafted in after interim fundraising director Mike Parker left in November. Parker had replaced Paul Amadi, who departed a year ago to become director of funding at Diabetes UK.
The NSPCC has been flooded with calls since the Jimmy Savile scandal broke last year. When the report of Operation Yewtree, the inquiry into the allegations, was published last week, the charity said the late media personality was one of the most prolific sex offenders in its history.
The NSPCC launched a national print campaign last month to ensure revelations about Savile were not seen as a purely historical problem. It encouraged people to report any concerns of children currently being abused.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- PR Account Manager fishtank 24k to 33k per year GBP, Surrey
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Junior Account Manager fishtank 22k to 28k per year GBP, Buckinghamshire
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 27k to 35k per year GBP, United Kingdom
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...