Thomson to continue Dreamliner marketing despite safety concerns
Thomson has pledged to continue to promote the forthcoming launch of its Dreamliner aircraft service, despite the fact that world's entire fleet of the Boeing 787s has been grounded due to safety fears.
Thomson: first UK airline to roll out Dreamliner aircraft
The crisis began after a Japanese airline was forced to make an emergency landing earlier this week due to a perceived battery fault and "burning smell".
All Nippon Airways and Japan Airlines responded by grounding their Dreamliner fleets, before all global aviation authorities ordered the planes be taken out of service until the problem has been rectified.
TUI-owned tour operator Thomson launched a £5.5m campaign last year to highlight the introduction of Dreamliner aircraft in May, focusing on the "cutting-edge" in-flight entertainment systems and noise reduction offered by the new planes.
In spite of the current crisis, a Thomson spokesman insisted the travel company is "not planning to make any changes to [its] Dreamliner marketing at this time".
At the time of the campaign launch last year, Jeremy Ellis, marketing director at TUI, claimed the Dreamliner aircraft is set to "set to innovate our holidays and change the way we travel".
Thomson will begin Dreamliner flights from Glasgow to Mexico and Florida from May.Follow @alex_brownsell
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Corporate Senior Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £25000 - £29000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- Corporate Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £20000 - £24000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + excellent benefits, London
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- Client Partner The Great & The Good £80000 - £90000 per annum + significant benefits, London