Former DDB creative legend Bob Levenson dies aged 83
Bob Levenson, the former creative director and vice-chairman of Doyle Dane Bernbach, has died at the age of 83.
Bob Levenson: DDB creative legend
Levenson spent more than 25-years at DDB, joining as a copywriter in 1959 and moving on to write campaigns for clients including Volkswagen, Sara Lee and Mobil.
After leaving DDB in 1985 he later worked at agencies including Saatchi & Saatchi.
Renowned as one of the best copywriters of the 1960s and 1970s, Levenson created copylines including "It makes your house look bigger" for the VW Beetle and "We want you to live" for Mobil.
Levenson inspired a generation of creatives on both sides of the Atlantic. David Abbott, who joined DDB New York in 1966, once told Campaign that Levenson was "a top gun in the DDB raiding party that changed the face of advertising forever."
According to a report in The New York Times, Levenson passed away on Wednesday due to "chronic obstructive pulmonary disease".
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- SENIOR ADVERTISING MANAGER (MATERNITY COVER) notonthehighstreet.com Competitive , Richmond
- Corporate Senior Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £25000 - £29000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- Corporate Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £20000 - £24000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + excellent benefits, London