Walkers revamps packaging and introduces new flavours
Walkers has boosted its commitment to sourcing its ingredients from Britain by introducing a range of new British flavourings, which will be supported by a major campaign featuring Gary Lineker
Gary Lineker: Walkers brand ambassador in what's that flavour? by AMV BBDO
PepsiCo-owned Walkers has introduced new flavourings including Cheddar from Somerset, , and Sour Cream from Dorset
The move is Walkers' latest salvo to emphasise its British credentials. It has been using only British potatoes since 2007.
However, some of Walkers' ingredients, such as onions, will continue to be sourced from overseas.
As part of the brand revamp, Walkers has overhauled its packaging, which will feature a Union Jack potato and an updated logo (see below).
The advertising support will also include tractor-shaped display units in stores and depots.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- SHOPPER MARKETING ACCOUNT HANDLERS - London agencies - £38k-55k (perm & freelance) Judi Patton £28-£55k- plus bonus and benefits, London
- head of new business > #1 DIGITAL & CONTENT AGENCY collectivo £60k-£80k plus agency bens, Central London
- Account Director Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, London
- Senior Account Manager - [Retail / Digital] - Superb agency! £35k - £39k Fill Recruitment Ltd £35k - £39k + bonus & benefits, Central London
- Marketing Manager - FMCG - London or Home counties Stonor £45,000 - £55,000 dependent on experience , London, Essex, Bucks or Oxon
- Creative Director The Marketing Practice Up to £120k dependant on experience , East Hendred, near to Didcot in Oxfordshire