Walkers revamps packaging and introduces new flavours
Walkers has boosted its commitment to sourcing its ingredients from Britain by introducing a range of new British flavourings, which will be supported by a major campaign featuring Gary Lineker
Gary Lineker: Walkers brand ambassador in what's that flavour? by AMV BBDO
PepsiCo-owned Walkers has introduced new flavourings including Cheddar from Somerset, , and Sour Cream from Dorset
The move is Walkers' latest salvo to emphasise its British credentials. It has been using only British potatoes since 2007.
However, some of Walkers' ingredients, such as onions, will continue to be sourced from overseas.
As part of the brand revamp, Walkers has overhauled its packaging, which will feature a Union Jack potato and an updated logo (see below).
The advertising support will also include tractor-shaped display units in stores and depots.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Marketing and Communications Alexandra Palace Trading £40,000 + bonus + benefits, London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £45k Judi Patton £40k-£45k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Engagement Planning (UK) BespokeHR £80,000 - £85,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Interim Head of Brand The Rank Group To attract the right person!, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Consultant Ball & Hoolahan £44,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 per annum, London (Greater)