Walkers revamps packaging and introduces new flavours
Walkers has boosted its commitment to sourcing its ingredients from Britain by introducing a range of new British flavourings, which will be supported by a major campaign featuring Gary Lineker
Gary Lineker: Walkers brand ambassador in what's that flavour? by AMV BBDO
PepsiCo-owned Walkers has introduced new flavourings including Cheddar from Somerset, , and Sour Cream from Dorset
The move is Walkers' latest salvo to emphasise its British credentials. It has been using only British potatoes since 2007.
However, some of Walkers' ingredients, such as onions, will continue to be sourced from overseas.
As part of the brand revamp, Walkers has overhauled its packaging, which will feature a Union Jack potato and an updated logo (see below).
The advertising support will also include tractor-shaped display units in stores and depots.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- Marketing & Communications Executive AF Selection Up to £25,000, Derbyshire
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 + Car/ Car Allowance, South East England
- Senior Designer Gabriele Skelton Ã‚£40000 per annum, City of London
- Creative Director, PR Agency, London Office + Great Benefits Fleishman-Hillard Up to £100,000, dep on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)