Coke defends itself against PM's 'excessive' consumption comments
Coca-Cola has rebutted criticism from Prime Minister David Cameron, who told Parliament he was trying to steer his children away from drinking Coke.
David Cameron: against 'excessive' Coca-Cola (picture credit: David Devins)
Speaking in the House of Commons last week, Cameron said he aimed to stop 'excessive' amounts of the beverage being consumed in his household.
He said public health was one of the biggest challenges facing the UK, adding: 'As someone trying to bring up three children without excessive amounts of Coca-Cola, I know how big this challenge is.'
The soft-drinks company responded by arguing that its drinks can be consumed as part of a 'balanced lifestyle'.
Hilary Quinn, brand director for North West Europe and Nordics at Coca Cola, said: 'Everybody is entitled to their opinion and I'm sure David Cameron knows as well as anyone that [a balanced lifestyle] is as much about calories out as calories in.'
Quinn was speaking to Marketing at the unveiling of a major CSR drive, partnering environmental charity WWF to invest in Arctic conservation projects and raise awareness of the plight of polar bears.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- SENIOR ADVERTISING MANAGER (MATERNITY COVER) notonthehighstreet.com Competitive , Richmond
- Corporate Senior Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £25000 - £29000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- Corporate Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £20000 - £24000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + excellent benefits, London