Sir Martin Sorrell blasts Cameron's referendum announcement
WPP chief executive, Sir Martin Sorrell, has blasted Prime Minister David Cameron's decision to hold a referendum on Europe if the Conservative win the next general election.
Sorrell: blasts Cameron
In an interview with CNN International, Sorrell said from a WPP perspective the decision would only give people another reason to postpone investment decision, referring to advertising budgets WPP agencies readily rely on.
He said : "This is a political decision, not an economic decision. If I'm looking at it from the point of view of WPP, it’s not good news. It’s at best neutral, at worst negative. So it can't be positive. You just added another reason why people are going to postpone investment decisions. And that last thing we need is people postponing more."
In a EU speech given today, Cameron said he would commit to holding a referendum on the UK’s future in Europe if he wins the next election in 2015.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...