US retailer David's Bridal poised for UK debut
The biggest wedding-dress retailer in the US, David's Bridal, is plotting a UK launch that could redefine the sector, which is dominated by independents.
David's Bridal: dresses "one-in-three" US brides
The chain, which claims to dress one in three US brides, has approached agencies about an aggressive through-the-line campaign to support its expansion to the UK this year.
David's Bridal was acquired by private equity firm Clayton, Dubilier & Rice (CD&R) for $1bn in October. CD&R also agreed to acquire a significant stake in UK discount retailer B&M last month.
David's Bridal has about 300 retail stores in the US and Canada selling wedding gowns, special-occasion dresses and accessories. Alongside wedding dresses for as little as $100, the retailer also offers a designer service, including ranges such as White by Vera Wang.
Few bridal brands have their own retail stores in the UK, with the exception of high-end labels such as Temperley.
High-street names such as Topshop, BHS, Monsoon and even Asda have attempted to crack the lucrative market by offering bridal ranges.
David's Bridal was unavailable for comment.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- PR Account Director fishtank 40k to 55k per year GBP, Surrey
- Digital Search & Acquisitions Officer Topshop Up to £30,000 per annum + benefits, London
- planner > SHOPPER EVANGELIST > brilliant role for those SUITS looking to move across into PLANNING collectivo £30-40k + bens, London
- Marketing Executive Warner Bros £ Competitive + benefits, Holborn, London
- Senior Digital Planner - Superb Integrated London Agency - FMCG Accounts - Up to £70K Fill Recruitment Ltd Up to £70K, London
- Designer/Illustrator/Children's Designer Premier Media plus excellent benefits, Central London
Big Questions Live - Social Media, User Generated Content and the Power of Customer Insight (Webcast) External website
Brand Republic’s first ever online TV show, Big Questions Live wil...
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
The PR industry’s lack of success at the Cannes Lions festival 201...
Confused by hashtags? Tweetchats? Tweet walls? You’re not alone.Wi...
It’s fair to say we are truly in the age of content marketing, the...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...