Former RBS marketing boss Helen Page joins Clydesdale Bank
National Australia Bank has hired ex-RBS marketer Helen Page as chief marketing officer for its Clydesdale Bank and Yorkshire Bank brands.
Clydesdale Bank: recruited former RBS marketer Helen Page
Page, formerly managing director for marketing and innovation, UK retail, at RBS, has been appointed to lead marketing, brand and complaint-handling activity and develop a reputation for 'distinctive customer service' across the brands.
She is also understood to be leading a review of the brands' ad accounts, currently held by The Union.
Page left RBS in 2011, seven years after joining as brand director for NatWest. Prior to this, she held senior marketing roles with Argos and Abbey.
Page led the development of RBS and NatWest's ongoing 'Helpful banking' marketing strategy, promising to reform its retail bank operations to be more helpful to customers.
It has been rumoured that National Australia Bank plans to offload both Clydesdale and Yorkshire banks, after posting a £183m loss in the year to September 2012.
Spanish bank Santander has been linked with a £2bn bid for the brands and their combined 316 branches.Follow @alex_brownsell
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Digital & Social - Dublin / London The Great & The Good In the region of £60,000 - £65,000 per annum, Dublin
- Commercial Manager Business Centric Services Group Up to £45,000 per annum + benefits, Old Street
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Marketing Operations - Fixed Term Contract 12 months NEST Corporation Competitve, London
- Senior Account Manager / First Time Account Director Content is King £35k - £45k per annum dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Acquisition & Retention NEST Corporation Competitive, London (Central), London (Greater)