Unilever ties with Metro for one-off marketing partnership
Unilever is partnering with Metro in a marketing offensive that will feature the publication of a 24-page, Unilever-branded mini edition of the free title.
Metro: partners with Unilever for branded mini edition of the free title
The mini edition will be distributed across the UK on Monday 11 February, along with 300,000 copies of the Metro paper.
Unilever is using the commercial tie-up to promote its "compressed" aerosol can across its three flagship deodorant brands, Sure Woman, Dove and Vaseline Intensive.
The 24-page mini edition will feature an in-paper advertorial promoting the environmental benefits of compressed deodorants, as well as a feature focusing on the rise of green consumer products and product innovation.
Metro has undertaken similar tie-ups before with Aero and Red Bull. However, this marks the first time it has entered such a deal with Unilever.
While this is a one-off partnership between Unilever and Metro, it is thought that there could be similar such projects in the future.
Earlier this month, Unilever unveiled that it was spending £13m supporting the launch of a "compressed" aerosol can across the three deodorant brands.Follow @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Digital Project Manager - Hugely Respected Digital Agency ADLIB £30000 - £45000 per annum, Oxford
- Digital Display Manager - Telecoms PFJ £30000.00 - £40000.00 per annum, London
- Account Director - Arts Clients PFJ £40000.00 - £45000.00 per annum, London
- AV Account Director (contract) PFJ £35000.00 - £43000.00 per annum, London
- Consumer Insight Manager Jarlett de Grouchy £32000 - £35000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits, London
- Digital Account Manager Dot-Gap £40k, Central London