Tesco to offer free entertainment service for Clubcard holders
Tesco is testing a TV and movie service through its Blinkbox platform, which will be free to Clubcard holders.
Justice League: available on Clubcard TV
The service, called Clubcard TV, is currently in beta testing and only available to Tesco staff.
Its website shows a range of family-friendly entertainment, including animated children’s programmes 'Justice League' and 'Care Bears'. Tesco also promises to provide drama, action, comedy and documentaries.
If the service is rolled out, customers will be required to enter their 16-digit Clubcard number and postcode to access the content for free.
The website states: "There are no schedules, no subscriptions, no fees – as long as you are a Tesco Clubcard customer and you have access to the internet, you’re free to enjoy Clubcard TV."
A Tesco spokeswoman said: "We’re always looking for new ways to reward our customers’ loyalty. We’re trialling Clubcard TV with colleagues to get their feedback before rolling it out more widely."
Tesco has owned an 80% stake in internet TV service Blinkbox since April 2011. Later that year, it became the first UK retailer to allow customers to stream a digital version of a film if they bought the physical version on DVD or Blu-ray.
Separately, it has been reported that Clive Dunn and Edwina Humby, the founders of Tesco Clubcard, have stepped down as non-executive directors of dunnhumby, the agency which manages the Clubcard programme.Follow @alex_brownsell
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- PR Account Director fishtank 40k to 55k per year GBP, Surrey
- Digital Search & Acquisitions Officer Topshop Up to £30,000 per annum + benefits, London
- planner > SHOPPER EVANGELIST > brilliant role for those SUITS looking to move across into PLANNING collectivo £30-40k + bens, London
- Marketing Executive Warner Bros £ Competitive + benefits, Holborn, London
- Senior Digital Planner - Superb Integrated London Agency - FMCG Accounts - Up to £70K Fill Recruitment Ltd Up to £70K, London
- Designer/Illustrator/Children's Designer Premier Media plus excellent benefits, Central London
Big Questions Live - Social Media, User Generated Content and the Power of Customer Insight (Webcast) External website
Brand Republic’s first ever online TV show, Big Questions Live wil...
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
The PR industry’s lack of success at the Cannes Lions festival 201...
Confused by hashtags? Tweetchats? Tweet walls? You’re not alone.Wi...
It’s fair to say we are truly in the age of content marketing, the...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...