Fairtrade Foundation seeks 'deeper' engagement with 2013 activity
The Fairtrade Foundation is to introduce the strapline 'Go further', as the charity aims to encourage commercial partners and consumers to make a bigger commitment to Fairtrade.
Fairtrade Fortnight: looking for 'deeper' understanding
Nestle, The Co-operative and Sainsbury's are among the lead partners for this year's activity, which runs from 25 February until 10 March.
Last year's Fairtrade Fortnight led with the tagline 'Take a step' and called for consumers who were unfamiliar with the brand to buy Fairtrade-certified products.
The forthcoming activity will now ask customers and partner businesses to 'do more' by purchasing certified products from a wider range of categories.
Cheryl McGechie, director of public engagement at the Fairtrade Foundation, explained:'ÔSomeone might buy Fairtrade coffee, but we want to encourage to them buy more than one Fairtrade-certified product.'
In a further departure from its traditional annual marketing plans, the charity is lining up a global campaign in September to encourage 'deeper understanding' of Fairtrade.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Copywriter fishtank 25k to 40k per year GBP, Marlow, Buckinghamshire
- PR Account Director fishtank 40k to 55k per year GBP, Surrey
- Head of Marketing fishtank 45k to 60k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- Digital Search & Acquisitions Officer Topshop Up to £30,000 per annum + benefits, London
- planner > SHOPPER EVANGELIST > brilliant role for those SUITS looking to move across into PLANNING collectivo £30-40k + bens, London
- Marketing Executive Warner Bros £ Competitive + benefits, Holborn, London
Big Questions Live - Social Media, User Generated Content and the Power of Customer Insight (Webcast) External website
Brand Republic’s first ever online TV show, Big Questions Live wil...
The PR industry’s lack of success at the Cannes Lions festival 201...
Confused by hashtags? Tweetchats? Tweet walls? You’re not alone.Wi...
It’s fair to say we are truly in the age of content marketing, the...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...