Freeview claims households spend £200 a year on unwatched TV
Freeview is to launch a TV ad campaign that questions whether customers are paying too much to watch their favourite programmes, after finding the average household is spending almost £200 a year on unwatched pay-TV channels.
Freeview: launches TV ad campaign
The 30-second TV spot, created by Leo Burnett, will air on Friday and states that Freeview provides over 95% of the most-watched programmes in the UK.
The spot will continue to use helium balloons, which it has used in its previous campaigns to represent programmes available on Freeview.
In the ad, viewers follow the balloons on their journey around the city, until they reach their destination at a house in the suburbs. As soon as they have floated through an open window, a TV is heard being flicked on and a screen glows behind the curtains.
The ad follows recent research from Freeview that showed many people are paying for channels they are unlikely to watch. Households are spending £199.32 a year on average, on unwatched pay-TV channels and 75% of their viewing hours are spent watching free-to-air channels.
Guy North, marketing communications director, Freeview, said: "As household budgets are increasingly stretched, we’re highlighting the alternative to pay TV.
"Our latest campaign encourages consumers to question whether an expensive subscription package is really right for them if most of the content they watch is free-to-air."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...