Premier Foods to cut 2013 Hovis marketing spend
Premier Foods is pulling marketing spend from Hovis and switching it to Sharwoods, Bistro and its other grocery products in 2013.
Hovis: Premier Foods cuts marketing spend
The move follows long-running speculation that Premier Foods is plotting to sell off Hovis, but the company today maintained it was not "looking to offload the brand."
Hovis has endured a tough 2012, with hundreds of jobs being axed after it announced the closure of two bakeries and four distribution hubs after losing a major contract with Co-op.
Premier Foods said marketing investment is expected to remain stable in 2013 but there will be "greater emphasis" on its grocery products such as Loyd Grossman cooking sauces, Mr Kipling cakes, Oxo stocks and Sharwood’s sauces.
Activity in 2012 included a tactical Hallowean campaign and support behind its new Hovis Breakfast Bakes amid a difficult year for branded bread, which has been impacted by own-label sales.
In January it was announced that Michael Clarke, Premier Foods' chief executive was stepping down after less than 18 months. He will be replaced by Gavin Darby, the former Coke marketing director and Cable & Wireless chief executive.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Graphic Designer CitNOW £25,000-£35 000pa, Wokingham, Berkshire
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...