MasterCard airs Conor Maynard, Rita Ora and Delilah videos as The Brits reaches 7.3m
MasterCard showed three one-minute remakes of pop videos from stars Conor Maynard, Rita Ora and Delilah during 'The Brits' last night, as the show on ITV achieved its biggest audience in 10 years
According to unofficial overnight figures, the show had a peak audience of 7.3 million viewers after Lana Del Ray won the Best International Female Award.
Over the course of the show, ‘The Brits’ had an average audience of 6.29 million viewers across ITV and ITV HD, a 26.8% share of the TV-watching audience. An additional 225,700 watched the show on ITV +1.
The combined average audience of 6.5 million made last night’s event the most-watched 'Brits' since 2003.
The minute-long "#priceless remake" ads, which aired during the programme, show MasterCard giving a fan the chance to recreate the video of one of their favourite stars, and then surprising them when the actual artist appeared.
McCann London created the campaign, which started in January, and asked for fans to upload a video of themselves in order to be in with a chance of taking part in the remake.
The ad was written by Claire Thompson and art-directed by Kate Pozzi, with creative direction by Matt Crabtree and Simon Hepton. Emil Nava of Pulse directed the films.
MasterCard’s media planning and buying is handled by UM.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- SENIOR ADVERTISING MANAGER (MATERNITY COVER) notonthehighstreet.com Competitive , Richmond
- Corporate Senior Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £25000 - £29000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- Corporate Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £20000 - £24000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + excellent benefits, London