Tesco goes live with food news website to allay horsemeat fears
Tesco has today gone live with its food news website, as it seeks to shed light on its food supply chain in light of the horsemeat scandal.
Philip Clarke: Tesco chief appears on supermarket's food news website
The retailer has moved to take a proactive response to the scandal, led by its chief executive Philip Clarke, who has appeared on a video blog, describing measures the supermarket chain has taken in response to horsemeat being found in some of its own-brand products.
Tesco Food News is one such measure, a Tesco-branded website that looks to demystify the food supply chain and includes a number of lofty pledges, such as "We'll put in place better controls" and "We'll bring food closer to home."
It also gives details of the testing of its food provenance and how many products have been tested positive for horsemeat.
The site includes the video interview with Clarke, which is fronted with the headline, "We are changing" and is to be updated with news on an ongoing basis.
The website was created by digital agency Zone.Follow @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Digital & Social - Dublin / London The Great & The Good In the region of £60,000 - £65,000 per annum, Dublin
- Commercial Manager Business Centric Services Group Up to £45,000 per annum + benefits, Old Street
- Head of Marketing Operations - Fixed Term Contract 12 months NEST Corporation Competitve, London
- Senior Account Manager / First Time Account Director Content is King £35k - £45k per annum dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Acquisition & Retention NEST Corporation Competitive, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Group Account Director - Experiential Agency The Great & The Good £70,000 - £75,000 per annum, London