Bauer poaches Global's Jo Parkerson to lead content-share initiative
Bauer Media UK has hired Jo Parkerson to lead its new entertainment and lifestyle content hub, which shares content across the media group's magazine, radio, TV and online brands, including heat, Kiss, Planet Rock and Grazia.
Jo Parkerson: joins Bauer
The central entertainment and lifestyle news service will work with the group's publishers, journalists, producers, programme directors and presenters to best capture, distribute and share content around the group.
It hopes to stimulate and better leverage the media group’s collective access to celebrities, musicians, artists, actors, directors, authors, fashion designers, and their brands’ attendance at international events, festivals, movie premieres and awards.
Global Radio’s head of artist liaison and showbusiness editor, Jo Parkerson, has been poached to lead the new division from 2 April, in the role of entertainment and lifestyle content director.
She will report into Steve Parkinson, managing director of Bauer Radio London, and Nicky Holt, publishing director of Heat and Closer, who have joint responsibility for the hub.
Paul Keenan, chief executive of Bauer Media UK, said: "Bauer Media’s strategy focuses on delighting our 20 million consumers week in, week out. This new hub puts our engaging content at the heart of our offering, and ensures that consumers of our world-famous brands will have 24/7 access to the best news and exclusives from around the world, across multiple platforms."
Parkerson set-up Global Radio’s entertainment news and guest booking service across seven brands in 2009. Her new role focuses on a content sharing strategy which will encompass audio, video and other stories already created for the group’s brands, as well as seeking new opportunities.
Steve Parkinson, managing director of Bauer Radio London, pointed to Parkerson’s experience as a journalist and producer, coupled with "a little black contact book to die for", as proof she was the perfect candidate to head up the new hub.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- SENIOR ADVERTISING MANAGER (MATERNITY COVER) notonthehighstreet.com Competitive , Richmond
- Corporate Senior Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £25000 - £29000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- Corporate Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £20000 - £24000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + excellent benefits, London