Northern & Shell hits the newsstands with TV Pick launch
The first issue of Northern & Shell's weekly listings magazine TV Pick is on sale in more than 50,000 retailers from today.
TV Pick: Northern & Shell takes on market-leading rival TV Choice
The 76-page issue carries the strapline, 'If it's on TV, it's in TV Pick', and its cover features an 'EastEnders' storyline. Northern & Shell claims the title is the first TV listings launch since 2005.
It aims to undercut rivals with a cover price of 40p – 5p cheaper than H Bauer's market-leading TV Choice, which was the biggest-selling consumer magazine in the UK with an average weekly circulation of 1.23 million in the last six months of 2012, according to the latest ABC figures.
TV Pick's launch is being supported through advertising across Northern & Shell's in-house publications such as the Daily Express and its TV station Channel 5.
To secure prominence on the newsstand, Northern & Shell is giving retailers a 90% profit margin on the first six issues.
A Northern & Shell spokeswoman said: ""Our focus is to support the launch through retailers. We think the offer is a great way to incentivise retailers and reward them for getting behind the launch, which they have done. After the six-week promotion, we'll look at whether we'll do any additional advertising."
The first issue offers a promotion for the Northern & Shell-owned Health Lottery, and subsequent issues will include a different promotion each week.
The spokeswoman declined to reveal Northern & Shell's internal sales forecast for the title, but said: "We'll be looking closely at how TV Pick performs and we're confident that we can give readers a little bit more, through the unique nature of Northern & Shell, which has retailer relationships, TV relationships and a long history of magazine publishing."
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Account Planner Direct Recruitment Up to £50,000, Central London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...